Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Day 39 (or: Cats and Dogs)

Oh man, am I a saint, or what?  WHAT?  No.  Really, I'm a saint, and here's why:  I woke up at 7:00 (oh, unholy hour),  cleaned the car, threw the child in the backseat, and headed off for a 2 1/2 hour long ride in the wretched rain (cats and dogs) down the windy and perilous Highway 101 all the way to Tenino. 

You're wondering why?  Alright.  I'll tell you.  The five hours of driving that I did (in total) today, netted me four hours with a favorite sister (okay, maybe all three of them are my favorite sisters) and her family.  Oh how I do love the sisters!

I have discovered, after careful experimentation, and upon critical examination, that I am bound to be in the car, driving on unkown and dangerous roads when the WORST rain EVER isn't so much falling as it is pelting at the car.  The kind of deluge where you can't see a car-length in front of you.  Where the windshield wipers can't keep up.  Cats and dogs (NOT kittens and puppies, but full grown Garfields and Marmadukes).  It's a gift.


Day 39 of One Thousand Days, I cooly navigated the buckets falling from the heavens and ate a lovely barbeque lunch/dinner with family (and then returned to the car to cooly navigate the swimming pools of water falling from the heavens).  Lovely.

39 down, 961 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me about it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...