Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Day 7 (or: I may have to do 1001 days)

Sometimes the days may not be conducive to doing good?  I wonder.  Because certainly today didn't seem to be.  Today was full of drama, intensity, overwhelming good and overwhelming bad.  It was wonderful and heartbreaking.  And also mundane (when I was cleaning the kitchen, making the beds and doing the laundry).  I should have done my wonderful thing before leaving for work today.  What was I thinking?  I wasn't.  The day ended in a dramatic moment with a young person, and I couldn't help.  Not at all.  Not even a little bit.  In fact I seemed to have hurt the situation.  No good.

So this is Day 7 of One Thousand Days, and today, because my day was terrible-on-toast, the something good comes from my sons friend, Carinna.  Tomorrow my boy's starting a new school.  A school where he'll be in a small classroom and one of his new classmates is a long-time family friend who he went to kindergarten with.  When her mother told her to "be nice, and show him around, and just remember back to your days in Kindergarten and behave accordingly", Carinna responded: "Oh!  You mean I should punch him in the stomach and tell him I can fly!"  Thank you Carinna for doing todays good thing.  Engaging levity. 

7 down, 993 to go.  Or 994.  Today may be a do-over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me about it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...